STEP 5 – ESTIMATE YOUR COSTS TO SELL
- Real estate agent commission (if you use an Agent to sell your property)
- Advertising costs, signs, other fees (if you plan to sell by owner)
- Lawyer fees and disbursements (typical disbursements include: land transfer taxes, title insurance, courier fees, banking charges, government registration fees, etc.)
- Prorated costs for your share of annual expenses, such as property taxes, home owner association fees, fuel tank rentals, etc. (such are commonly referred to as “adjustments”)
- Any other fees typically paid by the seller in your area (surveys, inspections, etc.)
- Any costs associated with maintenance and preparing your home for sale.